Department of Economics
|1||Name of the Department||ECONOMICS|
|2||Year of Establishment||1982|
|3||Number of Teachers Sanctioned and Present Position||02|
|4||Number of Administrative Staff||Nil|
|5||Number of Technical staff||Nil|
|6||Number of Students||110|
|7||Demand Ratio (No. of. seats: No. of Applications)||1:12|
|8||Ratio of Students to Teachers||1:55|
|9||Ratio of Research Scholars to Teachers||Nil|
|10||Latest Revision of the Curriculum(year)||2015-16/ 2020-21|
|11||Success Rate of Students||100|
|13||Publications by Faculty (last 5 years)||NIL|
|14||Faculty who have Attended National and International seminars||NIL|
|15||Number of Seminars Organized (last 5 years)||–|
|16||Number of Books in the Departmental Library, if any||1148 (In College Library)|
|17||Number of Journals/Periodical||–|
|18||Number of Computers||12 for Arts Students|
About the Department:
Since the inception of the college, in 1982; the Department of Economics has played a crucial role in motivating and inspiring the students in their academic pursuits. Apart from teaching the regular syllabi prescribed by the Acharya Nagarjuna University, the Department has been continuously motivating the students to pursue their higher education in premier universities such as JNU, HCU, TISS and other Local and Central Universities. The Department has been continuously served by highly experienced, qualified and dedicated Faculty. The number of students who have pursued their masters in Economics in the above mentioned Universities speaks of it. As the Department of Economics realizes the importance of the subject; ‘Economics’ in the competitive arena, students are given necessary guidance for the preparation of these exams at a national level and at state level (UPSC & APPSC).
Name of the course with optional subjects : B.A. (HEP)
Interdisciplinary activity if any : Nil
Annual / Semester System followed : Semester
Faculty profile with name, qualification and designation
|S. No.||Name||Qualification||Designation||Specialization||Experience||Date of Promotion to Degree College|
|1.||Pullepu Ravindranath||M.A., A.P.SET||Lecturer
Dept. of Economics
|Agricultural and Industrial Economic||08 years||06/09/2013|
|2.||Karra Vidya Sagar||M.A. UGC-NET, A.P.-SET
|Agricultural and Industrial Economic ,||04 years||
The department actively participates in various academic and administrative activities and committees, which are constituted by the Principal, from time to time. The academic result for year 2018-19 and 2019-20 in the subject ‘Economics’ is 100%. In fact, more than 60% of the students have got first class and few of them even secured distinction.
Academic profile of the Faculty:
Mr. Pullepu Ravindranath, has done his masters in Economics from Acharya Nagarjuna University. His area of interest is in agricultural and industrial economics. He has to his credit nearly three decades of service in the APREI institutions. He is a committed teacher and more than that a good motivator and a problem shooter.
He has completed his post-graduation in Economics from Acharya Nagarjuna University. His passion for teaching encouraged him to take up this profession. He has served as a lecturer in Economics for three years in APRJC; Nagarjunasagar and for the past four years he has been serving as a lecturer in Economics in the current institution.
Popular lecturer programmes (PLP) organized by the Department:
- P.Harshavardhan, former student (B.A.-1988-91), USA, Senior Manager, Business Intelligence, during the year 2019-20 addressed the students and gave a motivational speech.
- K. Murali, Assistant Professor, Nalsar University of Law, Hyderabad
No. of students selected to national and other major universities:
Academic Year wise details of the outgoing B.A. Students for the past three consecutive years, (i.e. for 2017, 2018 , 2019 & 2020) who secured seat for PG in Economics at different universities:
Academic Year 2017:
Academic Year 2018:
|2||Nikhil||C.U. of Karnataka|
Academic Year 2020:
Details of infrastructural facilities:
- Library: we have general library, No departmental library
- Internet facility: Available to the staff and students
- Class rooms with ICT facility: one
Academic enrichment activities:
- Conducted a series of model tests based on P.G. entrance pattern of HCU and other State & Central Universities
- Few new books were added to the department
- Organized an interaction with passed out students who are pursuing their P.G. at various Central and State universities on January 2nd, 2020.
- A quiz was conducted in February, 2020 on current economy
Details of Student enrichment programmes:
For the all-round development of students the following activities are conducted by the ‘Arts club’ at regular intervals:
- Model entrance exams
- Group discussions
- Mock interviews
- Book reviews
- Days of national and international importance
- Topics that are not included in ANU syllabus but necessary for P G entrance for Central Universities are also taught.
- Students are encouraged to take part in the academic and cultural activities organized by the cultural committee at different occasions, such as anti-corruption day, International Human Rights day, etc.
Participation in Institutional Social Responsibility and Extension activities:
Most of the students are also members of NCC and NSS. They participate in Blood Donation Camps, Anti-Aids rally, Anti drugs rally, Swatcha Campus, Etc; organized by the college at regular intervals.
Apart from regular academic activities the following extracurricular activities are conducted by the Department:
- Conducted a Career Guidance Programme
- Conducted a Personality Development activity
- Gave a lecture on How to Motivate oneself
- Dam site visit with III BA students
Gave a lecture on major trends on Indian Economy