Department of Computer Science
History of the Department:
The department of Computer Science was established in the year 1999 with an intake of 20 students per year. In the academic year 2014 intake is enhanced to 36studemts. The students are being selected through statewide entrance test and merit based.
Dr. E.Mallikarjuna Goud, Lecturer in Mathematics, discharging duties of In-charge for the department of Computer Science. Under the guidance of In-charge, the department is running successfully with present staff.
Year of Establishment: 1999.
Name of the courses with optional subject:
B.Sc(Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science)
Interdisciplinary activity if any: Conducting general quiz competitions, PLP’s, Seminars for the students.
Annual/Semester system followed: Semester system(CBCS).
Number of teaching posts: 3
Faculty profile with name, qualification and designation:
M.Sc, SET, UGC NET
- The department conducts quiz competitions and seminars to students to
improve the skills in core subjects.
- We make arrangements to the students to share the experiences with old
students those who got seats in national universities and who got placement
while studying UG in our college.
- This Department provides hands on training to all teaching and non teaching
staff to acquire knowledge on ICT tools.
Student Teacher Ratio: 36:1
No. of Academic, Support Staff(technical) for the department: 2
- Certificate of 5 Day Online Short-Term Training Program on “Application os Machine Learning and Deep Learning Techniques in Multidisciplinary Area” held from 16th to 20th November 2020.
Significant achievements of the students:
STUDENTS JOINED IN VARIOUS UNIVERSITIES
|5||Vinay Babu||MA English|
|9||Surendar Reddy||M.Sc.Statistics||Andhra Uversity|
|1||I.Sashidhar Reddy||MCA||NIT Calicut|
|1||K.Koteswara Rao||MCA||NIT Calicut|
|2||A.Kranthi Kumar||MCA||NIT Warangal|
Any other achievement: Some of the students got selected in NIT and Central Universities after the completion of Under graduation. Most of the students took up their career as software engineers in MNC’s like TCS, Wipro, HCL, etc.
Details of infrastructural facilities:
- Library: No departmental library.
- Internet Facility: Available for staff and students.
- Classrooms with ICT facility: available in Computer Lab.
- Laboratories: Computer Science lab consisting of 30 computers along
with one LCD Projector , Scanner, Printer and 6KVA UPS.
Details of student enrichment program: Taking extra classes to academically average students and clarifying doubts. Conducting seminars by the students to improve the subject skills and also teaching abilities. Faculty prepared a new curriculum which is not part of regular academics, which helps the students in their PG Entrance exams. Prepared a new time table to teach those topics other than the regular class timings. Conducting tours to software firms to improve the awareness in latest developments in Computers science.