DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE
- Commerce lasts as long as human beings on the earth
- Commerce believes in “ live and let live”
- Commerce promotes civilized and happy society.
History of the department
Commerce department exists since inception of the college, in 1982. The first out going batch was in the year 1984-85with 97% results.
Credit of the department : CA, ICWA, CS, CFA, MBA, M.COM, Msc. ACTURIAL SCIENCES, civil services, state public services, banking services, insurance services, judicial services, teaching, defense, police department, politics, business, etc..,
Sanctioned posts 5(since inception)
- FROMER LECTURERS OF THE DEPARTMENT:
2) LIST OF PRESENT FACULTY MEMBERS
1) Dr.B.Venkatramana,M.com.,Ph.D., Lecturer and HOD.
2), SRI P.Veeranjaneya Reddy, M.com,MBA.,(ICWA).,NET, Full Time Guest Lecturer,
3) Sri V. SOWRI BABU, M.com, AP SET, UGC NET, Full Time Guest Lecturer
4) Sri G. SRINIVASA REDDY, M.com, Bed, Full Time Guest Lecturer
- Com (General)
- With the optional / electives in final B.com will be
- COMMERICIAL GEOGRAPHY
- BANKING AND FINANCIAL SERVICES
- CENTRAL BANKING
- RURAL AND FARM CREDIT
- PROJECT WORK
- This college is affiliated to Acharya Nagarjuna University ,Guntur
- The syllabus is as per the pattern of ANU (plz refer the website of ANU)
NO OF SEATS IN BCOM (GENERAL) 40 SEATS + STAFF CHILDREN
- ADMISSION PROCESS AND FEE STRUCTURE :- As per the prospectus issued by the APREIS (R),Guntur
- Work load of the department :- 72 hours per week (for 4 faculty members)
- Examination pattern:As per the Acharya Nagarjuna University
- NO of batches left from the campus since establishment;39batches
- Internet ( wifi)
- Library having good no of books
- Computer lab
LOCO PARENT SYSTEM: Each student is allotted to a lecturer to supervise his activities and guide him to mould his career.
TRACK OF THE STUDENTS STUDIED EARLIER
- K.SRINIVAS REDDY,IPS, Addl DGP ( greyhounds)Hyd.
- HARICHANDRA NAIK,IRS , Dy Commissioner Income tax
- B) CHARTED ACCOUNTANTS AND COST ACCOUNTANTS
1) sri P.V.Ramankumar
2) sri M. Nagi Reddy
3) sri paparao
4) smt Anuradha
5) sri B.Raju
6) sri chandrasekhar
7)sri sunil appaji
8) sri srikiran
9) sri B.venkata reddy
10) Sri N.chandra sekhar
- c) Advocates
1) Sri.C.Srinivas (TS & AP High court)
2) Sri Chenna kesava reddy
3) sri Jayasankar ( NCL,Chennai)
4) sri Nehru naik
- d) Company secretaries
1) sri vinood saraf ( Aditya birla Group )
2) sri Noorul Hassan
3) sri Jala srinu
4) sri venkataraamana
5) sri k.Nagarjuna
Other prominet jobs: University professors ,corporate comapanies ,banks ,research scholars and other govt jobs ( PLZ VISIT THE WEBSITE ALLUMINI ASSOCIATION OF APRDC
ACHIEVEMENTS AND ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE
- TWO Gold Medals from ANU
- TWO first Rankers
- Results :90 to 100 % on an average ( list enclosed for 35 years)
- B. VENKATA RAMANA lecturer in commerce did orientation course in University Of Hyderabad, Hyd. and two Refresher courses in S.V. University, Tirupathi.
- B.VENKATA RAMANA LECTURER in commerce and k. lova raju full time guest lecturer published a paper in the publication which is the out come of ICSSR-SRC sponsored national seminar on Impact of socio economic Development schemes of scheduled tribes in India “.
- B.VENKATARAMANA, Lecturer in commerce and K.LOVA RAJU, full time guest lecturer in commerce published a paper in ICSSR SPONSRED National seminar on “GST Reforms in India and its Impacts”
- Considerable number of students got selected for MBA., B.ed course, IN PONDICHERRY UNIVERSITY, IGNTU respectively
- Commerce students participated BEMUS -2017 (Quiz, Product Launch, Group Discussion, Business plan and case study) at loyala college Vijayawada.
- In the month of dec-2017 Dept of commerce conducted a Work shop on Awareness and carrier building by CA sampth rao ,gurukul for ca Vijayawada.
- Considreable number of students of last year batch 2017-18 got admissions in reputed instituions like C.U, PONDICHERRY UNIVERSITY , T.I.S.S,AZIM PREMJI UNIVERSITY and other state universities.
- 3rd bcom students out of 38, 22 were selected for Mahindra &Mahindra scholarship,hyd-2017-2018
- VEERANJANEYA REDDY fulltime guest lecturer have cleared UGC NET -2018 DECEMBER.
- Naveen 3rd year bcom student participated in NCC national trekking camp held at kerala in 2018
- com students participated in kabaddi competiton at university level and reached upto semi final under the capitancy of dhanush in 2018
- B.VENKATARAMANA, Lecturer in commerce Published a paper on GST IN INDIA -IMPLICATIONS in 2018 National seminar at P.V.K.N GOVT DEGREE COLLEGE ,CHITTOOR
- In the month of January 2019 another interactive session was conducted with the help of CA P\.CHANDRA SEKHAR on CA profession challenges and career opportunities.
- Vamsi krishana reddy 2nd year bcom student have secured 1st place at university level 10 km marathon running race in the month of sep-2019.
- In the month of September 2019 students of B.Com went for industrial tour (Hyderabad), visited Infosys Software Company received one day training from HR professionals on how to face interview, interview skills.
- Department of commerce organized an interaction session in the month of September 2019 with the help of CA P.V. RAMANA KUMAR
- Hyderabad based LAKSHYA COLLEGE of commerce conducted seminar on career opportunity of CA, CMA, and CS Professional courses in the month of Jan 2020.
- SOWRI BABU fulltime guest lecturer have cleared UGC NET –DECEMBER 2020.
- Department of commerce has conducted PLP program on Banking operations on 8th December 2020
- To upgrade the department up to PG level
- To introduce new combinations like Bcom computers and BBM
- To start diploma or ceritificate courses
Link up with industry for pratical approach:
- Awareness programs to attempt the competitve exams “CA,CS,ICWA,MBA,MCOM,BSRB,RRB,SSC etc
- Lectures by Eminet personalities
- Common activity programs
- Book review programs
- Society connectivity programs – NSS,NCC,AIDS RALLY ,PULSE POLIO
Encouragement to participate in sports /games/other acitivites;-
Quiz ,literacy,electutions ,essay writing etc at different levels
Conclusion: to develop the department to get reputation at state and national level and students suitable for the modern society and present market requirements
DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE
FORMER FACULTY MEMBERS
|S.NO||NAME OF THE LECTURER||NATURE
OF THE POST
|5||A. NABI KHAN||REGULAR|
|18||DR. S. SUBRAMANYAM||REGULAR|
|19||Dr. M.V. RAMANA||REGULAR|
|20||Sri. K. LOVA RAJU||PARTTIME|